Rushton & Company, LLC
Rushton has earned a strong reputation for performing timely, professional audits for city and county governments as well as water, sewer and other public authorities throughout Georgia. Going beyond standard audit practice, we provide extensive analysis and recommendations to strengthen internal controls and improve efficiency and operation.
The Rushton audit team is led by Audit Partner Clay Pilgrim, CPA, CFE, CFF and Managing Partner J. Chris Hollifield, CPA.
Rushton offers a full range of proven auditing services to help governments strengthen and grow their futures. Rushton has a track record and expertise to guide its governmental clients through the audit process.
Our government team, which includes four Certified Fraud Examiners, also excels in investigation of fraud and litigation support through forensic accounting. Rushton provides internal control consulting to ensure that safeguards such as proper supervision and sign-off on financial procedures are in place to avoid mismanagement or fraud.
The Rushton audit team provides:
• Oversight by experienced CPAs.
• Extensive experience with municipal and county governments with budgets from $1 million to $125 million.
• Team is highly trained in government accounting standards.
• Provides GASB 34 consulting services, including capital assets and infrastructure, grants and internal controls.
• Skilled at forensic accounting.
• GAO Yellow Book and Single Audits.
• Expertise in internal controls and efficiencies.
• Guidance in compliance with State of Georgia regulations.
• Hotel/Motel Tax compliance.